A hypothetical: You wake up to start your day only to find a puddle of water on the floor of your bathroom. You need to solve the problem fast, so you select the first emergency plumber you find online. You call out from work and wait for the professional to arrive. When they do, they charge you a repair fee, an emergency service fee, and then get to work repairing the leak stemming from your sink. The problem seems to be solved—until you turn on the sink again. The pipe has burst. You call the number the plumber gave you, but it is disconnected. Now you’re dealing with even more damage while having lost your valuable time and money.
Don’t let this situation happen to you. When a plumbing problem occurs, you should be able to trust the job to get done quickly and correctly. If your plumber isn’t licensed, there is no way of knowing the level of training they’ve received—YouTube University won’t hold up for your system’s warranties. Additionally, these shady technicians might treat you unethically (like the example above) but you are unable to do anything about it. Instead, rely only on professional plumbers who are licensed. Our team of licensed, bonded, and insured plumbers at Lange Plumbing & Fire Protection is committed to helping homeowners receive the highest quality plumbing services possible, which is why we are sharing what to look for when hiring a plumber to service your property.
What to Look for When Hiring a Plumber for Your Home
When a plumbing emergency strikes, it can be easy to get tunnel vision. But taking a few extra minutes to ask some questions of your potential plumber can save you money, time, and headaches.
5 questions to ask before hiring a plumber:
- Are they licensed? A license ensures a high level of education and training and demonstrates these plumbers are legally allowed to work in your state.
- Are they insured? Uninsured plumbers can come at a great cost to you. Not only does this mean any warranties you hold won’t be honored, but if the plumber hurts themselves during your service, you could be held liable for their medical costs.
- How long have they been in business? The saying “experience is the best teacher” exists for a reason. Real-world experience will help your plumber diagnose your issue quickly and offer solutions that are not only high-quality but also cost-efficient.
- What does their track record look like? Does the company have any awards? Are they in good standing with the Better Business Bureau? What have their past customers said about their service? All these questions will give you a clear picture of the company’s professionalism, quality of work, and customer service practices.
- What services do they offer? Nothing is worse than calling a plumber only to realize they can’t help with your emergency because they don’t have the tools or technicians available. A robust service menu can be a sign that this company has a wide range of tools, products, and techniques to solve your plumbing problem without wasting your time or money.
Licensed, Top-Rated & Experienced Las Vegas Plumbers
Lange Plumbing & Fire Protection has been providing the community of Las Vegas exceptional plumbing services for over 20 years, and our plumbing team has 200+ years of industry-leading experience. We are licensed, insured, and bonded, and are completely committed to quality service. We are a full-service plumbing company, offering the wide variety of services your home needs.
Does your Las Vegas home need professional plumbing services? Call our team today at (702) 500-0936 or fill out our easy online form.